Dear Job Seekers,
Salesforce is Hiring for:
Job Title: UI Engineer
- Working with the User Experience team and community of internal developers you will evolve the component library for future Web Component development.
- For context Lightning Aura Components have a Lightning Web Component counterpart that ensures developers can transition into a more modern workflow.
- Salesforce engineers want to use the latest web technologies and wave bridged Aura to house Web Components to enable just that.
- This means that new components do not require a legacy counterpart and are relatively greenfield.
- Responsibilities outside of the components themselves include spec reviews for new and existing components.
- These spec reviews ensure consistent practices are being implemented.
- Reviews of changes to components are done within the team and outside teams are scheduled routinely for reviews as they build out larger features.
- Ensuring that teams are using the Base Components to their full potential or effectively creating custom components cuts down on future liability in the platform.
- While the team has dedicated tech writers there is consistent involvement as release notes and documentation is revised.
- Salesforce operates in a mono repo, but for the Base Component team almost all work is done through a familiar GitHub workflow of pull requests and peer reviews.
- The team also manages Inner Source pull requests as consumers of the Base Component library may have resource to implement documentation or component changes.
- If you’re looking for an opportunity to drive the development of innovative new UI technologies then the Base Components team are the place to do it.
- UI Software development experience Solid understanding of web technologies, including JS, HTML, CSS, XML, JSON
- Experience using in browser development tools Hands-on experience with performance measurement, analysis, and optimization
- Ability to work cross-functionally to articulate, measure and solve issues You proactively bring solutions and the right tools for the job to the table
Experience: 5 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards