Dear Job Seekers,
Google is Hiring for:
Job Title: Technical Writer Team Leader
- Join us at the Google Operations Center for the opportunity to help Google users tackle their problems and accomplish their goals, all while working in a dynamic and diverse environment
- As a Technical Writer Team Leader, you are responsible for creating clear operational, concise and accurate documentation for users, according to the standards and guidelines established in the team.
- Technical Writer Team Leader is responsible for coordinating the activities of technical writing as well as translation of documents.
- Lead a team of writers and quality analysts in producing support content for advertisers.
- Ensure that the writing and quality workflow meets key performance indicators (KPIs), including quality and other SLAs.
- Establish, maintain, and improve processes, training, and feedback mechanisms to ensure these KPIs are met.
- Liaison with other Googlers and management to report on KPIs and draft detailed plans for improvement.
- Serve as a project manager for any special projects and ensure deliverables also meet KPIs and SLAs. Conduct data analysis and prepare reports to communicate team operations.
- Coach and mentor writers as needed.
- Serve as a backup quality analyst or writer as needed.
- Minimum qualifications: Proficient in web publishing, and at least one content-management system Strong decision-making, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- 7-10 years of experience in technical writing / editing digital content of medium length (400-700 words)
- 2+ years’ experience in operations management, such as program manager, managing editor, or project management.
- Ability to understand technical or product documentation source materials.
- Ability to spot trends in data and drive operational excellence. Passion for driving operational and process improvements.
- A passion for producing great content.
- Excellent technical and business communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced and team focused environment Great interpersonal skills, proactive approach, and a positive attitude
- Preferred qualification: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, or must have reached college level Knowledge of web usability (e.g., UX, SEO, or similar).
- Experience leading a team Benefits
- We support you with competitive wages and comprehensive health care including medical, dental and vision coverage
- We support your family with gender-neutral baby bonding leave, 26-week birth-parent maternity leave, and generous life, accident and disability insurance minimums
- We support your teams with free daily lunch, fully stocked micro-kitchens, and culture clubs and employee resource groups that let you share what you care about
- At Google Operations Center, we don't just accept differences, we celebrate them.
Experience: 7-10 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards