Dear Job Seekers,
Google is Hiring for:
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
- Join us at the Google Operations Center for the opportunity to help Google users tackle their problems and accomplish their goals, all while working in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- As a Senior Technical Writer, you will be responsible for producing high-quality and understandable documentation with the goal to improve the success of our products.
- A Senior Technical Writer creates and maintains user and system-related documentation (knowledge base articles, user manual, reference and online help, tech tips, and release notes).
- The technical writer uses established methods, formats, and documents to translate conceptual designs, technical specifications, release plans and other development documentation into user and system documentations.
- Assist lead in conducting internal review of technical writer deliverables, verifies if these are up to standard/complies with style guides. Assist lead in ensuring that feedback pertaining to document/process enhancement are planned out and addressed.
- Work with internal and external teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements for frictionless integrations.
- Handle at least one content-management system. Coordinate, write and maintain easy-to-understand tutorials, release communications, technical documents and guides.
- Create and maintain the process/workflow to expedite the documentation delivery.
- Look for constant improvements in the process and product documentation, and also keen to interact with the community to get constructive feedback.
- Develop own documentation development process (involving research, analysis, composition, verification) that ensures complete and accurate output are delivered consistently and meets team standards. Provide consultation regarding product issues and documentation.
- Accommodate requests for clarification or inquiries made on the documentation.
- Accommodate internal requests on enhancing content and format of documents based on requestor requirements and company's standards.
- Minimum qualifications: 4-6 years of experience in writing / editing digital content of medium length (400-700 words)
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills Ability to understand technical or product documentation source materials.
- A passion for producing great content Proficient in AP style, HTML, and at least one content-management system. Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for customers
- Excellent technical and business communication skills Strong organizational and time-management skills Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced and team focused environment Great interpersonal skills, proactive approach, and a positive attitude
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing Strong decision-making, communication, and collaboration skills Preferred qualifications: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, or must have reached college level UX, SEO Knowledge of web usability (UX) practices.
- Benefits We support you with competitive wages and comprehensive health care including medical, dental and vision coverage We support your family with gender-neutral baby bonding leave, 26 week birth-parent maternity leave, and generous life, accident and disability insurance minimums
Experience: 4-6 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards