Dear Job Seekers,
Rubrik is Hiring for:
Job Title: Systems Engineer
- Design, implement and administrate VMware environments.
- Provisioning and Setting up new systems, configuring IPMI, Installing ESXi and configuring VMware clusters.
- Administer and monitor health of systems infrastructure
- You're responsible for maintaining the infrastructure that services Engineering & other departments in Rubrik.
- Prepare & present weekly status reports of assignments/projects at weekly staff meetings
- Implement changes to the production environment as per the change management guidelines.
- Respond to outages within the SLA/OLA timelines and provide detailed post- mortem reports.
- Coordinate with various Engineering, Systems, Network & Security teams and support as appropriate.
- Being able to present projects, tasks, and workable solutions to other teams and the customer on an as needed basis.
- Evaluating supplier products and making recommendations relative to supplier products and services.
- Ensuring projects are completed within budget and removing obstacles and barriers for team members.
- Provides support for systems infrastructure problems by monitoring the team support queue, troubleshooting and diagnosing problems, identifying the root cause of problems, ensuring corrective action is taken following problem identification.
- Develops relationships with key business partners and customers by seeking feedback relative to their business needs, interfacing with them on a regular basis, participating in customer meetings.
- Document tasks, procedures, environments for setting up and maintaining systems.
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoot and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience. ï‚· 6+ years of systems administration.
- 4+ years of experience supporting VMware environments.
- Highly proficient and hands-on experience in VMware, Linux technologies.
- In-depth understanding of VMware Products and troubleshooting
- General to advanced working knowledge of automation and tools
- Strong working knowledge of server hardware (rack and blade form factors).
- Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours, or when on call
- Proven documentation and communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and in a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects with various groups including Systems Engineers, Storage Engineers and Networking, etc.,
- Ability to interpret and translate Customers Requests into action items
- Familiarity and functional knowledge of Windows, Linux, DHCP, DNS, NFS, SMB, One FS, Purity FS, FC, iSCSI and some form of scripting like python or shell.
- Familiarity with Rubrik backup solution is a plus
- Experience with AIX/Linux operating systems administration is a plus ï‚· Experience with Cloud storage solutions like AWS S3, Glacier is a plus
Experience: 4+ years
Salary: As per the Company Standards