Dear Job Seekers,
Google Asia is Hiring for:
Job Title: Staff Software Engineer
- Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from India due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice.
- Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected.
- We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Qualifications Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Professional coding experience in C/C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Experience with database internals, database architecture and development, and database programming (MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server).
- Preferred qualifications: Experience in designing and developing database systems, relational databases and concurrency control, multithreading and synchronization, transaction processing, transaction recovery and query processing.
- Experience leveraging big data and ML techniques to provide insights and recommendations to improve database performance, cost, reliability and security, technologies such as virtualization and global infrastructure, load balancing, massive data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing database management systems (DBMS).
- Experience in building managed services. About the job Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another.
- Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
- As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve.
- We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- In this role, you will join a team focused on helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life, joining the Databases area of Google Cloud Platform.
- Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future.
- Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Own the design and implementation of infrastructure components across the database stack.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with technical expertise.
- Help influence and shape team's culture and process.
- Grow and mentor other engineers.
Experience: 8 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards