Dear Job Seekers,
Qualcomm is Hiring for:
Job Title: PWB Designer
- 3+ years actively involved in PWB design for high-density electronics packaging.
- 3+ years’ experience in a PWB design role designing consumer-grade mobile phones utilizing latest generation processor chips.
- Design for Manufacture (DFM) analysis experience utilizing Valor and/or CAM350 tools. Design experience: RF, Analog, High-speed digital circuits - DDR2, 3 & 4, HDMI, PCIe, SATA, MIPI, USB 2,3.x, GigE, ATE Platforms: 93K, uFlex and iFlex.
- Expected to possess a strong understanding and demonstrated application of PWB design principles, practices and standards.
- Able to perform complex and difficult PWB design tasks requiring extensive skill and knowledge of fabrication and assembly process capabilities and limitations.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems and proposes PWB design trade-offs to the engineering design team for resolution and implementation.
- Determine PWB design trade-offs necessary to meet design requirements and produce high quality cost effective PWBs that meet schedule objectives.
- Understands the requirements driving PWB technology and process trends and their application to Qualcomm designs.
- Maintain technical coordination with Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Resolve PWB design issues with fabrication and assembly vendors.
- Participate and provide input into process improvement, PWB and DFM checklists and guidelines.
- Participates in determining objectives of assignment and plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Experience working with on-board EMI shielding cans.
- Experience with IDF/EMN file exchange between mechanical and HW teams.
- Understands project goals and individual contribution toward those goals.
- Effectively communicates with project peers and engineering personnel via e-mail, web meetings, and instant messaging including status reports and illustrative presentation slides.
- Interact and collaborate with other internal PWB designers for optimal product development processes and schedule execution.
- Effectively multitasks and meets aggressive schedules in a dynamic environment.
- Prepare and deliver design reviews to project team.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills to help direct, prioritize, and clearly set project tasks per schedule.
- Communicate milestones and directions to outside team members.
Experience: 3+ years
Salary: As per the Company Standards