Dear Job Seekers,
Hiring for PayPal India Pvt Ltd
Job Title: Hadoop Engineer
- The Data Engineer will be based out of PayPal Chennai office and will support in the development and execution of strategic transformation programs & initiatives, strategic engineering architecture design, resource allocation, and platform performance monitoring.
- Ideal candidate is a technologist who believes that use of technology is in its infancy and the best is yet to come. The nature of role is strategic, analytical and highly collaborative, working with team members across the World and as a liaison for Global projects.
- Work in a high-performance multi-function team of talented and passionate professionals, who are results driven to take the business forward and demonstrate superior leadership in line with the PayPal values.
- Build scalable systems, participate in technical discussions, participate in code reviews, guide the team in engineering best practices.
- Must be able to write quality code and build secure, highly available systems.
- 80% of the job requires production quality coding. Provide technical insights and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support across multiple platforms (Unix, Python, Hadoop, SAP) Highly detailed with a systematic approach, sense of responsibility and strong, positive customer focus.
- Must be results focused and highly energetic to drive the defined team and organizational goals
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies
- Must have demonstrably strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), to include speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations Eat, sleep, and breathe services.
- Experienced in balancing production platform stability, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt across a broad landscape of technologies
- Qualifications Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent from a leading university and preferably with a Masters or MBA 6+ years of post-college working experience as a developer and architect in Engineering, or Data-Mining organization 6+ years of Hadoop experience is required 4+ years of Oracle SQL working experience is required 2+ years of SPARK/HIVE experience is required 2+ years of Linux/Unix/Python coding experience (including scripting) is required Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills; ability to work with considerable ambiguity; ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly. Relentlessly resourceful and scrappy A great communicator, strong project management skills, and superb attention to details
- Experience leading teams in a global complex matrix organization involving multiple reporting lines
Experience: 2-4 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards