Dear Job Seekers,
ServiceNow is Hiring for:
Job Title: Lead UX Researcher
- Experience Organization, made up of passionate people who work together to drive user research, UX and visual design, technical writing, prototyping (and more!) with the goal to create best in class enterprise software products.
- Represent the needs of ServiceNow customers or partners and their end users associated with ServiceNow's products, competing products, or future concepts.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including designers, other researchers, and product managers to identify objectives, goals, timelines and research execution plan.
- Work directly with external vendors to procure research sample, research reports, and partner on research projects as needed.
- Execute various types of primary research and analysis, from early discovery, usage and needs, through product design validation.
- Apply appropriate research techniques and methods for the specific project.
- Methods such as individual customer interviews, focus groups, diary studies, journey mapping, user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing and others to aid in the formulation of insights that improve product functionality and user experience.
- Develop strategic research plans including discussion guides, contingency plans and other instruments from rough outline to the final version.
- Partner closely with Product Management to influence product strategy and roadmaps with validated user research findings.
- Collaborate on feature definition and user story creation as needed.
- Work collaboratively inside a cross-functional team, effectively integrating your research into the product definition and design phases. Influence architectural design tasks such as user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing, etc. with the aim of communicating design opportunities to the broader Design and Product teams.
- Text analysis and coding of open-end responses which might include product feature requests, problem reports, discussion forums, and community discussions.
- Analyze and synthesize data in order to generate strategic and tactical insights with actionable recommendations that drive product improvements, innovations, and customer experience improvements.
- Prepare reports of findings, create PowerPoint and Excel reports, explaining methods used and insights learned, and presenting research results to key stakeholders and leadership (C-Level, director level). In order to be successful in this role
- 7+ years of direct experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in user experience, product, customer, or academic research.
- Preferably for product development purposes.
- Proven history of independently defining, planning and executing research strategies including defining objectives, goals, timelines and ability to select the appropriate methodology for the project.
- This includes developing sample plans and designing data collection instruments.
- Advanced knowledge of several data collection methods (either qualitative or quantitative) and fundamental knowledge of mixed methods.
- Can quickly understand customer needs, taking the initiative to interact with customers, managing expectations, responding to their requests, and communicating feedback in a simple, clear, and concise manner.
- Demonstrates confidence in the data collection process which is evidenced by the ability to naturally engage users and in the aptitude to respond with insightful follow-up questions which increases richness of research data.
- Knowledge of user interface design principles, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and fundamental knowledge of statistics to best inform useful and usable recommendations.
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities.
- Can prepare reports of findings, illustrating research data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Experience working with and presenting research results to executive leadership (C-Level, director level). Willing to be proactive and take initiative to learn about ServiceNow products and customers.
Experience: 7+ years
Salary: As per the Company Standards