Dear Job Seekers,
Google is Hiring for:
Job Title: Customer Engineer, Application Modernization
- Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from India due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice.
- Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery, and deployment. Experience with containers and associated technologies.
- Preferred qualifications: Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience with developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS and container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Open Shift, Cloud Foundry.
- Experience in advanced areas of networking, Linux, SDN, virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, VPNs and their application to PaaS/IaaS technologies, large-scale VMware deployments
- Experience with cloud-native software development methodologies, tools for application development/deployment stages including CI/CD (Jenkins, Spinnaker, Concourse)
- Experience with logging/monitoring of hybrid-cloud workloads; ability to learn and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in Cloud/IT technology space
About the Job:
- When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally.
- Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative.
- You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer.
- You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers.
- You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
- You're a Sales Engineer with excellent technical, communication, and organizational skills, and previous experience with data center environments as it relates to modernization, and cloud-native architecture.
- You will also be experienced with cloud application architectures, networking, microservices, and container orchestrators.
- You will use your expertise and presentation skills to engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements, and persuasively present practical and useful solutions on Google Cloud.
- In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with technical Sales teams as an enterprise hybrid cloud subject matter expert to differentiate and paint the vision of Google Cloud to our customers.
- You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshooting potential roadblocks.
- Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what next for their business all with technology built in the cloud.
- Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware.
- And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers & developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide in-depth enterprise infrastructure / cloud modernization expertise to support the technical relationship with Google customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption to Google Cloud.
- Guide customers through assessments of their existing legacy application environment(s), provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization, identify candidate applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Structure and execute prototyping workshops to prove out proposed new architectures, developing best practices, and documenting key blocking requirements for prioritization with engineering.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Experience: 5 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards