Dear Job Seekers,
Google is Hiring for:
Job Title: Strategic Partner Development Manager
- Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from India due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice.
- Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience in a partner-facing role at a technology company, start-up, or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred qualifications: Educational background in physical or life-sciences, linguistics, robotics, etc. Experience in agreement negotiation, partner management, product management, or product marketing in an Internet, technology, or science environment.
- Experience identifying partners and analyzing and structuring complex agreements.
- Experience in technology, business development, or another entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion for science/technology, emerging/early-stage products and demonstrated intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving, process navigation, and cross-functional collaboration skills. Proficiency in Hindi.
About the Job
- The Global Product Partnerships (GPP) Research team discusses and manages external partnerships.
- These partnerships help build and differentiate Google research by supporting researchers to publish regularly in academic journals, releasing projects as open source, and applying research to Google products.
- As a Strategic Partner Development Manager for the Research team, you'll lead exploratory discussions with partners, evaluate research collaboration engagements, and develop new business opportunities. You'll empower and enable
- Project teams by understanding their mission, identifying partners, initiating relationships, negotiating agreements and serving as a strategic resource to advance the research work and product launches.
- You'll work closely with Google Research, Google Health, Product, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, University Relations, and Sales teams on new and existing initiatives and key strategic relationships that support our Research organization.
- You will leverage your analytical skills regarding contractual, technical, and financial issues with partners and effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management, including executives.
- Support the Google Research India teams on early-stage product development and work alongside research scientists and product managers to realize product visions through external partner development.
- Identify and lead exploratory discussions with partner universities and other potential research partners. Serve as a point of contact for Google Research India (and broader APAC Research) partnerships initiatives.
- Develop and create strategy documents and partner communication collateral.
- Negotiate and close strategic product partnerships agreements, including licensing technology and content, collaborative research agreements, ISA/SOW, etc.
- Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Experience: 5 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards