Dear Job Seekers,
Google is Hiring for:
Job Title: Product Analyst, Engineering
- Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from India due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice.
- Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected.
- We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience. 3 years of experience working with statistical packages (e.g., R, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.).
- Experience with articulating product questions, pulling data from datasets (e.g., SQL), and using statistics. Preferred qualifications: Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences).
- Experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows.
- Experience in an inter-disciplinary/cross-functional field. Interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis, and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics, and program evaluation.
- Ability to translate analysis results into business recommendations. Excellent business judgment. Excellent problem-solving and written and verbal communication skills.
About the Job:
- Product Analysts provide quantitative analysis, market expertise and a strategic perspective to our partners throughout the organization.
- As a data-loving member of the team, you'll serve as an analytics expert for your partners, using numbers to help them make better decisions.
- You will weave stories with meaningful insight from data. You'll make key recommendations for your fellow Googlers in Engineering and Product Management.
- As a Product Analyst, you relish tallying up the numbers one minute and communicating your findings to a team leader the next.
- You can see different angles of a product or business opportunity, and you know how to connect the dots and interact with people in various roles and functions.
- You will work to effectively turn business questions into data analysis, and provide meaningful recommendations on strategy.
- Conduct data analysis to make business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit, invest-divest, forecasting, impact analysis).
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for business priorities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to formulate and complete full cycle analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables, and presentations.
- Help Google to focus on key decisions to improve products and services.
- Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Experience: 3 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards