Dear Job Seekers
AIG is Hiring for:
Job Title: Deputy General Counsel
- Work collaboratively with peers across Legal, Compliance and other control functions as well as with all levels of staff to ensure philosophical consistencies of approach and practice across diverse business lines and legal entities.
- Manage and develop professional staff, ensuring team members have the requisite knowledge, experience, professional development and management support to be able to carry out their duties and grow their careers.
- Maintain and grow in-depth knowledge of the business and its activities in order to ensure adequate legal oversight and resources as the business needs evolve over time; advise on emerging legal issues.
- Engage as part of the Legal leadership team to provide mentoring and sponsorship of professional staff to promote an environment that fosters employee engagement, succession planning and growth and development.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience as a lawyer in house and / or private practice with a focus on financial services. Knowledge of life and / or annuity products and the laws and regulations governing them.
- Self-starter with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility and patience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Adaptability and the ability to stay focused on the big picture as well roll up sleeves and work on matters requiring expertise, attention to detail and execution.
- Proven problem-solving skills that demonstrate creativity and commitment to core values.
- Demonstrated ability to balance thoughtful decision making with careful and timely execution.
- Excellent project management, organizational, written, verbal and presentation skills. Prior managerial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage others through direct reporting relationships but also through an influence structure.
- Strategic thinking to plan, organize, manage to and execute to achieve organic growth and change.
- Ability to accept and provide honest and open feedback to maximize employee performance and engagement.
- Ability to address difficult issues directly and candidly in a professional, assertive and proactive manner.
- A strong educational background including a B. A. / B.S. and J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Admittance to at least one state bar with a preference for the following NY, TX or CA. What our employees like most about working for AIG We care about your professional development.
Experience: 12 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards