Dear Job Seekers,
Qualcomm is Hiring for:
Job Title: PMIC Reference Board Design Engineer
- Include design of customer reference board and evaluation kits and working closely with PMIC IC designers and Test HW platform teams for optimizing performance and cost on test hardware platforms.
- The engineer will develop and publish PMIC PCB design guidelines, schematic, BOM selection and PCB layout (by working closely with CAD engineer) based on interaction with chipset architecture, chip design and test teams.
- Experience in Mentor PADs Logic and PADs Layout, Dx Designer and Expedition is desirable but not essential.
- The engineer is required to perform the required board level simulations (based on Power Integrity and Signal Integrity tools) to review and sign off on hardware designs developed by various test teams.
- The engineer will be responsible for characterizing and publishing performance and cost optimized reference BOM lists (power inductors, capacitors, third party components etc) based on component characterization and BOM reduction and optimization tests in lab.
- Skills/Experience: ** NOT A LAYOUT POSITION** Understanding and ability to apply electrical engineering concepts and circuit solving skills.
- Able to work with common lab test equipment’s (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer, network and impedance analyzer, etc.).
- Experience in Power Management (SMPS, LDO, battery chargers, Clocks, ADC) PCB design and component selection including CAD interface.
- Experience in high layer count multilayer boards (6/8/10 layers) preferred.
- Good understanding of common Signal and Power Integrity issues on test hardware and ability to identify and provide alternate solutions using Signal and Power Integrity simulators (eg. powerSI, SIWave, Ansys) is also a plus.
- It is important the candidate has ability to communicate technical understandings and project status clearly.
- Also important is the ability to organize effectively and document work thoroughly and follow required procedures and methodologies.
- Ability to contribute seamlessly as a member of the reference HW design team across multiple chipsets.
- Education: Required: B.E/ M.Tech /MS with 4 to 10 years of relevant experience.
Experience: 4-10 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards