Dear Job Seekers,
JLL is Hiring for:
Job Title: Assistant Chief Engineer
- Perform and / or direct the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, ensuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Check malfunctioning equipment and ascertain corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Provide training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff.
- Specific duties include, but not limited to Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Supervise and implement the preventative maintenance program.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and / or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Direct the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed. Specific tasks include but are not limited to ensuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the installer and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers / contractors.
- Responsible for maintaining, monitoring and performing preventive maintenance and continuous operation of all building systems including fire / life safety, mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, controls) electrical (lighting, UPS, PDU, generators, primary switch gear), emergency backup systems and hot water systems; monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems / malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace. Insure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies.
- Specific duties include, but not limited to Preparing and submitting purchase-order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
- Responsible for the operational management and effective daily leadership and administration of the engineering team with the objectives of safely, efficiently, and effectively operating machinery and systems in a cost-effective manner.
- The Assistant Chief Engineer must ensure the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the client’s needs, and commitment to achieving the goal of 100 PERCENT uptime throughout the engineering team.
- Responsible for protecting and improving the value of the client’s assets and ensuring that building engineering systems continue to perform their intended function.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings.
- Responsible for keeping records of buildings rounds and readings, all engineering logs and engineering data sheets.
- Responsible for advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building’s critical functions and the work they are to perform, including an incident contact response list.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with emergency escalation procedures.
- Ensure that the CWA (Critical Facility Work Authorization) is a well-understood process among the building staff, engineers, tenants and contractors who perform work on the building’s critical infrastructure.
- Ensure strict adherence to Critical Awareness Process.
Experience: 5 year
Salary: As per the Company Standards