Dear Job Seekers,
JLL is Hiring for:
Job Title: Electrical Security Technician
- Work involves the construction, modification, maintenance, and repair of a variety of electronic devices used for instructional and research purposes.
- Work also includes the installation and maintenance of electrical circuits and equipment and intercommunication systems.
- Employees in this class perform the less complex design work and assist in the development of experimental circuitry.
- Work is carried out with considerable technical independence under the general supervision of a superior.
- Work is reviewed in progress and by observation of results.
- Constructs, maintains, and repairs a variety of electronic instruments and equipment, including amplifiers, temperature controls, measuring and recording devices, and experimental systems.
- Builds new electronic equipment from schematic designs; selects and lays out components; debugs and tests circuits.
- Participates in the design and modification of specialized electronic equipment for research purposes; provides technical advice on selection of components.
- Maintains, repairs, and calibrates electronics shop testing equipment.
- Maintains and repairs electronic computers. Performs related work as required.
- Graduation from a standard high school or vocational school, including course work in electronics; and considerable experience in the construction, modification, and maintenance, of electrical and electronic circuits and equipment; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, and tools used in the construction and repair of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and proper safety precautions of the work.
- Considerable knowledge of the operation and uses of electronic testing equipment, oscilloscopes, vacuum tube voltmeters, oscillators, pulse and function generators, tube and transistor testers, potentiometers, bridges, and power supplies.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of electronics.
- Ability to read and interpret complex electronic schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to supervise other electronic technicians and to maintain effective working relationships with faculty and research personnel.
- Skill in the use of standard electronics shop tools and instruments.
Experience: 7-8 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards