Dear Job Seekers
AIG is Hiring for:
Job Title: Junior/Assistant Manager - Controllership
- Ability to get into details of accounting behind all accounts and question any anomalies.
- Experience in accounting in P&C insurance industry.
- Experience in Reconciliations and posting / reviewing various transactions accruals, provisions, bank statement, intercompany etc.
- Good understanding of core financial processes and able to conceptualize and build new processes based on business requirements.
- Experience in dealing with financial statements, including notes to accounts will be added advantage
- Experience in writing business commentaries of variance analysis will be added advantage Soft Skills
- Ability to adapt to change management towards the accomplishment of identified objective
- Work with business partners / Stakeholders / Account handlers focus with the commitment to putting them first and ability to deliver a consistently high-quality service.
- Business partners / Stakeholders are both internal (i.e., colleagues) and external (i.e., the business in different regions / external bodies).
- Clear in communication, intentions and objectives; ability to listen well and comprehend, good customer service attitude to clearly articulate the resolution, fluent in speaking and writing (Ex : Email Writing Skills)
- Consistently strive to achieve and surpass the goals for themselves and for their team.
- Ability to solve and raise problems and make effective decisions at work based on facts and data and structured analysis.
- Must demonstrate a high level of self-motivation, energy and flexibility
- Ability to handle varied volumes of workloads and to reach targets and deadlines on a timely basis
- Must demonstrate a high-level personal integrity and investigation / negotiation skills Key Accountability Preparation of recurring & non-recurring (complex) accounting entries for GL postings Responsible for end-to-end BS Reconciliation.
- This will include completing the reconciliation as per agreement and raise issues effectively Dealing with SOX / Internal Audit teams for audits
- Ensuring that work is delivered is fully compliant with the required policies and procedures, and meets KPI outlined.
- Understand of Risk and Control Framework for the area of responsibility
- Understands the process and uses the knowledge developed, keeping in view the inter-linkages with other processes.
- Contribute in Close acceleration projects Preferred IT Skills IT Knowledge
- Should have experience in working on GL Accounting and Other Reporting platforms Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including strong Excel skills.
Experience: 2-6 years
Salary: As per the Company Standards